Massage CuppingTM is a wonderful ancient technique. The bodywork techinique is based on the common practice of Chinese cupping therapy, and the incredible results that this simple treatment produces have truly impressed those who experience its subtle power.
By creating suction and negative pressure, Massage Cupping TM therapy is used to:
soften tight muscles and tone attachments
loosen adhesions and lift connective tissue
bring hydration and blood flow to body tissues
drain excess fluids and toxins by opening lymphatic pathyway
Massage CuppingTM bodywork is versatile and can easily be modified to accomplish a range of techniques, from lymphatic drainage to deep tissue release.
Copyright TheraCuppingTM L.L.C.
How is Massage CuppingTM therapy accomplished?
The cup is positioned over the area of the body to be treated and suction is created using a vacuum gun or bulb. The more traditional method involves inserting a flame into a glass cup to create the vacuum. The suction level can range from light to heavy, and the movements performed by the therapist can be stimulating or sedating.
How does Massage CuppingTM therapy feel?
The sensation is truly indescribable, often experienced as deep warmth and a tingling sensation lasting long after the treatment has ended. The action on the nervous system is sedating, and people will often descend into a profound state of relaxation. The boy comes alive, and new ease of movement can truly be felt.
What are the benefits of Massage CuppingTM bodywork?
Massage CuppingTM therapy
- is not an irritant to the skin or body
- draws inflammation out, yet does not add to it
- will cause the skin to turn red with strong movements, indicating circulation has been brought to the surface
- will increase local blood supply to the muscles and skin will bring nourishment and allow for the toxins to be carried away via the veins
- will enable absorption of liniments, analgesics, plant hydrosols and essential oil blends deep into the tissue if applied immediately after bodywork
- can relieve conditions of chronic and acute pain with minimal discomfort and tense muscles are softened quickly and easily.
- is an effective treatment of cellulite; a very light suction provides drainage, while heavier application can be used to stimulate circulation and loosen adhesions or "dimpling". The thighs and hip region can be treated prior to a wrapping procedure to enhance the absorption of the product.